Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] fsmonitor: fix khash memory leak in do_handle_client

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2026 08:14:51 +0900

"Paul Tarjan via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Paul Tarjan <[email-masked]>
>
> The do_handle_client() function allocates a khash table to de-duplicate
> pathnames when responding to client requests. However, kh_release_str()
> was used instead of kh_destroy_str(). The release function only frees
> internal arrays (flags, keys, vals) but not the struct itself, which is
> allocated by kh_init_str() via xcalloc. This caused a 40-byte leak per
> client request.
>
> Fix by using kh_destroy_str() which properly frees both internal arrays
> and the struct itself. Also move the cleanup to the cleanup section and
> initialize shown to NULL so that kh_destroy_str() is safe to call on all
> exit paths.
>
> Signed-off-by: Paul Tarjan <[email-masked]>
> ---

This is already in v4 of the other larger fsmonitor-linux patch,
right?

Thanks.