Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/3] replay: make atomic ref updates the default behavior

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2025 08:23:38 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2025 at 8:51 PM Siddharth Asthana
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> -       const char * const replay_usage[] = {
>> +       const char *const replay_usage[] = {
>
> Nit: Not sure this change is worth it, but I understand that it might
> help pass some automated/CI tests, so not a big issue.

I think this formatting issue came up recently on another discussion
thread.  We found that the prevalent style in the codebase is that
an asterisk in between tokens neither of which is variable has space
on both sides (i.e. the preimage of the above change), so unless
there is a specific reason to make the above change, I'd rather not
to see such "reformatting" thrown into a patch that implements a
feature or fixes a bug (iow, not a "clean-up styles" patch).

By the way, I would be suprised if that the reason were a CI test.
How would the preimage have been passing the same test if that is
the case?