Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/5] lib-gpg: allow tests with GPGSM or GPGSSH prereq first

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2025 09:22:41 -0700

Todd Zullinger <[email-masked]> writes:

> I agree.  But it is ugly that any tests we have which rely
> on the GPG2 prereq simply never run.  That should be fixed
> and, if it were me, I'd do so by dropping the flaky tests in
> t1016 initially.  Someone who cares about those tests
> running could debug it more and hopefully fix the problem.

Let me queue your two patches as-is to leave the tip of 'seen'
broken for a few days to see if anybody bites ;-).  After that, we
may do "s|test_expect_success|test_expect_failure|" on those tests
that you call "flaky".  Are they flaky in the sense that they
sometimes pass sometimes fail depending on the timing, or just
simply buggy and always fail?

> The t1016-compatObjectFormat tests have been flaky since
> they were added and no one really noticed.  That's at least
> partly a failure of our CI output, which hides these sort of
> skipped tests that we just presume are running.  I don't
> have any good suggestions for fixing that, unfortunately.

Thanks.