Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/6] Nominating "whatchanged" for removal

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 15:42:02 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> The updates to patches 1-3 and patch 6 all look good, but...
>
>> 4:  2775f628c3 = 4:  01d4ed9acd whatchanged: require --i-still-use-this
>> 5:  b3d4d1f46a = 5:  a7aca55d5d whatchanged: remove when built with WITH_BREAKING_CHANGES
>
> ...I was surprised to see no changes to either patches 4 or 5.  While
> I didn't comment on those patches myself, Patrick did (and since he
> already called out the missing word I also noticed, I just didn't call
> it out again).

The meson stuff did not exist in the codebase the topic was based
on, so it won't be squashed into any of these individual patches,
but if you take a look at

    $ git show seen^{/^Merge.branch..jc/you-still}

using any of the recent tip of 'seen', you'll see these changes
applied as an evil merge to adjust the topic to an updated meson
machinery in the more recent codebase.

For other changes, "developped" was already fixed, but "the command
was retained" was missed, so I'll locally amend.

Thanks.