Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/4] add-patch: Fix type conversion warnings from msvc

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2025 11:24:20 -0800

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 29/01/2025 19:52, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:
>> By the way, who is
>> <CAPig+cQ49Hdc_8=[email-masked]>
>> and why is such an apparently bogus e-mail address Cc'ed?
>
> That's the Reply-To address from the mail I was replying
> to. Unfortunately it does not seem to exist.

It just occured to me that it is probably added by a mistake and the
sender really wanted to add it to In-Reply-To: instead of Reply-To:

I wonder if this is a mistake we can do something to help users
avoid?  "git send-email" has the "--reply-to=" option and there is a
valid use case for that option, so disabling that option is a
non-starter.

Of course there are other ways to send e-mailed patches, but I do
not think of a way to misuse them with reply-to and in-reply-to
mixed up.

Thoughts?