Subject: Re: Git v2.46.0 and --allow-multiple-definition linker flag

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2024 18:30:33 -0800

James Mills <[email-masked]> writes:

> tcc: error: unsupported linker option '--allow-multiple-definition'
>
> I bisected the Git releases and traced the introduction of this new
> flag to v2.46.0
>
> I can't find any details of this flag really or when this was
> introduced in the GNU binutils and so far I haven't asked if the Tiny
> C devs intend to support this option (yet).

Would

    $ make LINK_FUZZ_PROGRAMS=""

help?

The platform-specific tweak defined in config.mak.uname file assumes
that you have glibc plus gcc or clang with usual binutils niceties
once you claim that you are Linux.  It lumps all different variants
of Linux into a single ball of wax and defines LINK_FUZZ_PROGRAMS
Makefile macro, which is a bit unfortunate.