Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 00/14] builtin/config: introduce subcommands

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 09:09:08 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> this is the fourth version of my patch series that introduces
> subcommands for git-config(1).
>
> Changes compared to v3:
>
>     - Rebased on top of d4cc1ec35f (Start the 2.46 cycle, 2024-04-30).
>
>     - Implemented support for `git config set --comment`. This switch
>       has been added since the last version of this patch series.
>
> Here's hoping that there's a bit more interest in this patch series at
> the beginning of the release cycle :)

As you made the cover letter of v4 a response to the cover letter of
v1, and because the primary motivation of the series has not changed
since the very beginning, it was very easy to find the cover letter
of the original series that outlined the motivation (including why
it does not risk ambiguity) quite well.  People cannot go directly
back to v2 and v3 with the information alone, but at that point, we
can visit https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
and everything is there on one page.

Thanks for not forgetting the "comment" thing that was added since
the last round.