Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] build: support z/OS (OS/390).

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 10:15:26 -0800

Haritha D <[email-masked]> writes:

> The win test(7) test case failed stating the reason as "The
> Operation cancelled". I saw that it failed after 5 hours 59
> minutes of running the test cases(build). How do I handle this?

Those "win test (n)", at least some of them, seem to have been
somewhat flaky [*1*].  If you are certain you did not break them
with your change, you do not have to fix them yourself.

I am a wrong person to ask how the test failure that may [*2*] block
GGG submission can be circumvented, as I am not involved in that
machinery at all.

Thanks.

[Footnotes]

*1* Also I've seen osx-clang job time-out from time to time, without
    failing any specific test.  Re-running failed jobs from the menu
    often make them pass, which is why I said "somewhat flaky".

*2* I do not even know if GGG refuses to submit a series with a test
    failure, let alone if it allows to override such a safety if
    exists.