Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 2/3] unit tests: add TAP unit test framework

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 11:57:57 -0700

[email-masked] writes:

> When I was writing this I was torn between whether to follow our usual
> convention of returning zero for success and minus one for failure or
> to return one for success and zero for failure. In the end I decided
> to go with the former but I tend to agree with you that the latter
> would be easier to understand.

An understandable contention.

>>>> @@ -0,0 +1,2 @@
>>>> +/t-basic
>>>> +/t-strbuf
>>>
>>> Also, can we come up with some naming convention so that we do not
>>> have to keep adding to this file every time we add a new test
>>> script?
>
> Perhaps we should put the unit test binaries in a separate directory
> so we can just add that directory to .gitignore.

Yeah, if we can do that, that would help organizing these tests.

Thanks for working on this.