Subject: Re: [PATCH] ls-tree: fix --no-full-name

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 09:40:21 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> René Scharfe <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> A bit more verbose still: Document the negative form on its own line
>> with a generated description -- requires no new syntax:
>>
>>     -v, --invert-match         show non-matching lines
>>     --no-invert-match          opposite of --invert-match, default
>>     -I, --no-index             find in contents not managed by git
>>     --index                    opposite of --no-index, default
>
> I would expect _("opposite of %s, default") is acceptable by l10n
> folks, and assuming it is, the above would be a good approach.

I was seeing what is likely to be in the -rc1 that will happen in
next week, and noticed that this discussion is left unconcluded.  I
am tempted to declare that the latest iteration that shows the
negation of "--no-foo" as "--[no-]no-foo" is "good enough" for now,
and leave the above improvement as one potential future direction.

Objections?  Otherwise the 5-patch series will be in 'next'.

Thanks.