Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 2/2] am: support --empty=<option> to handle empty patches

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 23:06:14 -0800

"Aleen via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Aleen <[email-masked]>
>
> Since that the command 'git-format-patch' can include patches of
> commits that emit no changes, the 'git-am' command should also
> support an option, named as '--empty', to specify how to handle
> those empty patches. In this commit, we have implemented three
> valid options ('die', 'drop' and 'keep').
>
> Signed-off-by: Aleen 徐沛文 <[email-masked]>

Perhaps this line should imitate what Hans Krentel did in
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/,
i.e. real name first, and then (nickname) in parentheses.

Also, the in-body "From:" line should match the sign off.

I corrected what has been queued in 'seen' manually when I applied
the previous round.

> +--empty=(die|drop|keep)::

This is the only change relative to what is queued (we had
"--empty-commit", which is remnant from an earlier iteration), and
it makes the documentation consistent with what the code does.

Good.