Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2021, #04; Sun, 14)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 18:40:16 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> I do not see this in `master`:
> https://github.com/gitster/git/commit/53204061acbf7a03a6ba050f381e0bf9b01e3a78
> claims that it is in `jch`, `jn/mergetool-hideresolved-is-optional`,
> `next` and `seen`, but not in `master`.
>
>> * tb/pack-revindex-on-disk (2021-02-26) 1 commit
>>   (merged to 'next' on 2021-03-12 at 7aa348d3b3)
>>  + pack-revindex.c: don't close unopened file descriptors
>>
>>  Fix for a topic in 'master'.
>
> The same here, I cannot seem to find it in the `master` branch.

Thanks.  I must have fell asleep before pushing them out, after
running a dry-run push and sending out the What's cooking report.

Git 2.31 has been tagged.  We will hopefully either (1) not see
brown-paper-bag breakages at all, or (2) will see some but can
immediately deal with them, in coming couple of days.  After that,
the 2.32 cycle will gain steam, starting next week.  Let's see.

At work HR has been nagging me to take accumulated vacation time, so
I'll officially be off tomorrow but I'll be available to handle such
brown-paper-bag breakages---after all, there aren't many places to
go spend vacation time in right now X-<