Subject: Re: [PATCH] refs: Always pass old object name to reftx hook

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 12:11:28 -0800

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 04:07:22PM -0500, Taylor Blau wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 09:37:21AM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
>> > Quick ping on this patch. Is there any interest or shall I just drop it?
>> 
>> Apologies for completely dropping this from inbox. I am interested in
>> it, and the patch looks good to me. I suspect the reason that this never
>> got queued was that nobody reviewed it.
>
> No worries.
>
>> Would you consider resubmitting this patch if you are still interested
>> in pushing it forwards?
>
> I can, but does it help to resubmit the same patch? Your response bumped
> the thread up to the top anyway.

Bumping without resending would often not help people to see the
patch at all.

For example, already-read-and-old messages are not even shown to me
unless I ask my newsreader "I told you to show only the latest 200
messages, and I see this recent 'bump' message, but it responds to a
way old message so you need to show me the latest 3000 messages to
cover that era in order to see the patch message(s) it bumps."

Thanks.