Subject: Re: [PATCH v1] travis-ci: build and test Git on Windows

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:12:15 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> For instance, if it's in the environment, can I push up a branch that
> does "set | grep GFW_CI_TOKEN", open a PR, and see it? I don't know the
> answer.

I think the documentation said

    Variables defined in repository settings are the same for all
    builds, and when you restart an old build, it uses the latest
    values. These variables are not automatically available to
    forks.

so we should be safe as long as we do not build against PRs.

On the other hand, perhaps a contributor may want to build and test
his own PR that may affect Windows platform, and such a contributor
may be helped if the main repository sets things up to build against
PRs.  

I personally think it is a separate issue and we shouldn't set it up
to build against PRs.  If Windows CI wants to help these
contributors, it can give out the token to them, without relying on
the travis setup for the main repository.

https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/environment-variables#Defining-Variables-in-Repository-Settings