Subject: Re: USE_SHA1DC is broken in pu

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 12:46:25 -0700

Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Potentially we should just eject sha1dc from "pu" for the moment. It
>> needs re-rolled with the most recent version of the collision library
>> (and I see Marc just posted that they hit a stable point, which is
>> perhaps why you're looking at it).
>
> I looked at it, and even created a patch, and then decided that you'd
> probably do it.
>
> But yes, re-integrating entirely (rather than creating a patch against
> the previous SHA1DC) might be simpler.
>
> Junio, which way do you want to go?

That's easy to answer.  What we have on 'pu' is a fair game for
wholesale replacement.  That is the whole point of not merging
topics in flux to 'next' and declaring that 'pu' will constantly
rewind.