Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 17/19] fsck: Introduce `git fsck --quick`

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 20:24:15 -0700

Scott Schmit <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 01:53:01PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Can you think of a name for the option that is as short as `--quick`
>> > but means the same as `--connectivity-only`?
>> 
>> No I can't.  I think `--connectivity-only` is a very good name that
>> is unfortunately a mouthful, I agree that we need a name that is as
>> short as `--xxxxx` that means the same as `--connectivity-only`.  I
>> do not think `--quick` is that word; it does not mean such a thing.
>
> How about `--linkage` or `--links`?

Even though "link" may be shorter than "connectivity", the real
difficulty is to come up with a phrase that conveys the "-only" part
of the fully spelled name, which is more important, without spending
5 letters that take to say "-only".