Subject: Re: Promoting Git developers

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 14:28:03 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> Or something along those lines. The wording and indentation of the
> message could probably use tweaking. And there is a bash-ism in the
> script. :)

OK, I've updated the Announce script on the 'todo' branch.  The
announcement for 2.3.2 I sent out earlier as $gmane/264975 would
have looked like this.

-- >8 --
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Linux Kernel <[email-masked]>
Bcc: [email-masked]
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.3.2

The latest maintenance release Git v2.3.2 is now available at the
usual places.  It comprises of 41 non-merge commits since v2.3.1,
contributed by 19 people, 5 of which are new faces.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.3.2'
tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:

  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
  url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
  url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

New contributors who made this release possible are as follows.
Welcome to the Git development community!

  Aleksander Boruch-Gruszecki, Aleksey Vasenev, Patrick Steinhardt,
  Ryuichi Kokubo, and Tom G. Christensen.

Returning contributors who helped this release are as follows.
Thanks for your continued support.

  Alexander Kuleshov, Eric Sunshine, Jeff King, Jonathon Mah,
  Junio C Hamano, Kirill A. Shutemov, Kyle J. McKay, Matthieu Moy,
  Mike Hommey, Ramsay Allan Jones, René Scharfe, Stefan Beller,
  Torsten Bögershausen, and Дилян Палаузов.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git v2.3.2 Release Notes
========================

Fixes since v2.3.1
------------------

 * "update-index --refresh" used to leak when an entry cannot be
   refreshed for whatever reason.

 ...

 * Even though we officially haven't dropped Perl 5.8 support, the
   Getopt::Long package that came with it does not support "--no-"
   prefix to negate a boolean option; manually add support to help
   people with older Getopt::Long package.

Also contains typofixes, documentation updates and trivial code clean-ups.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v2.3.1 are as follows:

Aleksander Boruch-Gruszecki (1):
      merge-file: correctly open files when in a subdir

Aleksey Vasenev (1):
      wincred: fix get credential if username has "@"

...

Дилян Палаузов (1):
      do not include the same header twice