Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] imap-send: Use parse options API to determine verbosity

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:01:11 -0800

Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Signed-off-by: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
> ---
> In reply to <[email-masked]>.
>
> Thanks for bearing with me. I should've given the corresponding verbosity
> values more thought myself in the first place.

The original defined and even used these two variables, but as far
as I can tell they were always set to 0 and nobody modified them.
Hence, we would be OK as long as the end result will behave the same
as before without any -v/-q from the command line ;-)

Thanks.  This version looks more sensible.

> -	if (argc != 1)
> -		usage(imap_send_usage);
> -
>  	setup_git_directory_gently(&nongit_ok);
>  	git_imap_config();
>  
> +	argc = parse_options(argc, (const char **)argv, "", imap_send_options, imap_send_usage, 0);
> +

... except we might want to check argc here and say something about
missing or excess parameters, which was lost in the change in this
hunk.  I think (without giving it a real thought, though ;-) you
would expect that nothing remains on the command line after
parse_options() has done its thing, no?

>  	if (!server.port)
>  		server.port = server.use_ssl ? 993 : 143;