Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [PATCH] git-imap-send: use libcurl for implementation

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:47:27 -0700

Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]> writes:

> *ping*
> Hope I didn't mess up formatting again...
> Or do I need to top-post, as the original thread is too old to keep posting to it?

Please avoid top-posting on this list.

If you have some background material (e.g. summary of previous
discussions, list of things that have been changed in response to
previous review, etc.), you have three options:

 * Use a cover letter, even for a one-patch topic.  Use [PATCH 0/1]
   for the background material if you have tons of it and then make
   [PATCH 1/1] as a follow-up to that cover letter.

   See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/256386
   for how such an approach looks like.

 * Use a single message, [PATCH] (aka [PATCH 1/1]), and add your
   background material _after_ three-dash lines as comment.

   See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/258451
   for how such an approach looks like.

 * Use a single message, [PATCH] (aka [PATCH 1/1]), and add your
   background material _before_ a scissors line "-- >8 --",
   optionally followed by "From:" and/or "Subject:" (but in your
   case, you are sending your own patch as yourself with the same
   subject, so neither of them apply).

   See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/258470/focus=258474
   for how such an approach looks like.

Thanks.