Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2014, #02; Tue, 9)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:39:55 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 02:26:22PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> * jk/command-line-config-empty-string (2014-08-05) 1 commit
>>   (merged to 'next' on 2014-08-29 at 74f04af)
>>  + config: teach "git -c" to recognize an empty string
>> 
>>  "git -c section.var command" and "git -c section.var= command"
>>  should pass the configuration differently (the former should be
>>  a boolean true, the latter should be an empty string).
>
> Hmm, there is something funny about the authorship on the sole commit in
> that topic. It's too late to fix now (and I do not care too much), but
> you may want to puzzle out what happened (stray --reset-author, weird
> use of "git am"?).

I think that I am'ed on top of 2.1.0-rc1 first, but because it was a
maintenance material, I backported it to fork from 1.8.5 maintenance
track.  Perhaps rebase or cherry-pick did not work well while doing
this and I ended up doing "show | apply -3", "merge --squash", or
something silly like that.