Subject: Re: [PATCH 001/14] howto-index.sh: use the $( ... ) construct for command substitution

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:25:29 -0700

Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:

> Elia Pinto <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The Git CodingGuidelines prefer the $(...) construct for command
>> substitution instead of using the backquotes `...`.
>
> For patches 1 to 14:
>
> Reviewed-by: Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]>
>
> (reviewed the patches in my mailer, and the "diff --color-words=." after
> applying in addition)

Thanks both.

Ideally, we should keep these scripted Porcelain implementations in
the contrib/examples/ hierarchy up-to-date to still work with the
recent versions of Git as they used to.  We do not need to backport
new features, but they should follow the best-current-practice of
the use of plumbing features and scripting in general, and this
update is probably a step in the right direction.  It is somewhat
sad that these are not tested but I do not think of an unintrusive
easy way to keep them also in the test suite.

Will queue.