Subject: Re: Help needed on 2.54.0-rc0 t5301.13 looping.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2026 09:53:34 -0700

Adrian Ratiu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks Peff for the in-depth analysis, fix and test.
> It is very much appreciated. I missed this case.
>
> I agree with your assesement: this must be fixed regardless if it also
> fixes Randall's case or not (might be a separate root cause).
>
> I would proceed like this (obviously crediting you for the fix & test):
>
> If it fixes Randall's case:
>    send a standalone bug-fix patch, then integrate the test into the
>    parallel series.
> else
>    integrate both the fix and the test into the parallel series.
>
> @Randall please let us know if the fix proposed by Peff in the other
> response works for you.

It sounds sensible, but a standalone fix early before 2.54 final, as
the problem and the fix shown by Peff here looked correct, without
waiting for NonStop may be simpler to work with.  Then, rebuild
parallel series on top of the 'master' that has the fix applied,
perhaps?

Thanks.