Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/49] repack: prepare for incremental MIDX-based repacking

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2025 15:58:00 -0700

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

>  * This series depends on ps/packfile-store at dd52a29b78 (packfile:
>    refactor `get_packed_git_mru()` to work on packfile store,
>    2025-09-23).
>
>  * This series is split out of my local copy of
>    tb/incremental-midx-part-3. I suggest queueing it as
>    tb/incremental-midx-part-3.1 ;-).

Both of these comments are very much appreciated.  Do we say
something to encourage these in our developer-facing documentation?

The points to stress are:

 - If you are not building directly on top of the recent tip of
   'master', mention what topics that are not yet in 'master' your
   patches depend on.

 - If your series is a part of a larger effort, briefly describe
   what your overall direction and grand vision is, and state where
   in that grand picture the current series fits.

 - If you have a short one-line summary for the topic to be used as
   a topic branch name in mind, do suggest it.

Thanks.