Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] doc: git-rebase: start with an example

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2025 11:11:56 -0700

"Julia Evans" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm very happy to hear that feedback: I thought it was very dry as
> well, but I copied that part from elsewhere in the man page
> because I thought that was git's preferred documentation
> style. I'll work on making it less dry.

[administrivia: please wrap your overlong lines; we write for this
hypothetiical reader on an 80-column terminal].

>> Note that you lost the mention of `git rebase master topic` syntax
>> and the explanation that the form being a shorthand for checkout
>> followed by rebase, which I do not think appear anywhere else in the
>> document, so my suggested rewrite above resurrects it.
>
> That's actually in PATCH 3/5 of this series:...

Which I think is too late; both are quite commonly used and useful,
so showing them upfront when the command line examples are first
introduced would be more preferrable.

Thanks.