Subject: Re: [GSoC][PATCH] unit-tests: add tests for oidset.h

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 11:47:40 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 8:28 PM Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I'll discard this one by the end of this week unless the topic sees
>> any activity.  It looks to me that the project decided that a longer
>> term direction to adopt "clar" as the unit-tests framework, so this
>> patch would need to be written even if it were perfect in the old
>> world order anyway.
>
> Yeah, unless Ghanshyam or someone else wants to continue working on
> it, I think finishing this work should be part of the "Convert unit
> tests to use the clar testing framework" Outreachy project that
> Patrick and Phillip agreed to co-mentor. This project will only start
> next December though (supposing a good Outreachy intern is selected),
> so it's fine to discard it in the meantime.

And of course it does not have to wait until December.

If anybody wants to work on adding a unit test for oidset, they can
do so immediately.  A new unit-test, including the oidset one,
should be written using clar framework.

Thanks.