Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/6] t0080: move expected output to a file

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2024 16:38:45 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 01, 2024 at 12:17:11PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> > But I do have such an "EOT" patch which I've been meaning to send out,
>> > since it makes many of these quoting annoyances go away (though of
>> > course it leaves the indentation).
>> 
>> I am not sure about your "test body comes from the standard input"
>> (not saying "I am not convinced it is a good idea" or even "I am
>> convinced it is a bad idea"---I do not know what to think about it,
>> not just yet).  THe above illustration does make it easier to grok
>> by keeping everything in one place.
>
> I just (re-)posted it in:
>
>   https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
>
> so you can see the improvement in some other real cases.

;-)

The shells we care about (and that does not include the /bin/sh on
ancient Solaris ☹) should be OK, but "IFS= read -r line" somehow
makes me feel nervous.  Maybe I am superstitious.

Both steps look quite good.  Will queue.

Thanks.