Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/2] improve interactive-patch

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 12:13:46 -0700

Rubén Justo <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 08:31:41AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> 'r'edisplay may work well (and I wonder "r | less" or
>> piping the hunk display to anything in general would be a useful
>> future enhancement).
>
> Yeah.  That's a very good enhancement.
>
> However, I'm not sure how.  Perhaps with the help of git-diff-files(1)?

It is perfectly OK that you are not sure, as I do not think I am,
either.  I am reasonably sure "git diff-files" wouldn't be involved,
though ;-)  It would be more like tweaking fputs() of a strbuf that
was filled by render_hunk() to instead spawn a pager and feed the
same strbuf to it, or something.  IOW, we already have the payload
to show.  We just want a pager involved in its showing so that users
with a huge hunk that does not fit on a page can use "less" on it.

In any case, the future enhancement is not within, and we shouldn't
add it to, the scope of this topic.