Subject: Re: 2.43 release date adjustment?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 15:03:45 -0700

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

> No specific reason to expect bugs. Just trying to line things up so that
> we have (a) people around when the release is tagged, and (b) don't have
> a release hanging over our heads either during or immediately after a
> week when most US developers are offline.

That is exactly what I call "expecting a post-release fixes".

A much more important thing is to make sure we catch them before the
release and devise ways to help us do so, perhaps opting more userbase
into testing early.

Also a much more productive thing to discuss than just the timeline:
What do we want the end product of this cycle to include?

I am personally hoping to see an enhanced rerere that can record and
replay delete-modify conflict that gets resolved to removal.  Others
may have their own agenda, and it may be interesting to hear them.
Those without specific agenda for this cycle may volunteer to help
others' topics.

Thanks.