Subject: Re: [PATCH] unicode: update the width tables to Unicode 15

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 11:49:09 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Force Charlie via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> From: Force Charlie <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Unicode 15 Released[0] and including several additional zero/double
>> width characters.
>>
>> [0] https://home.unicode.org/announcing-the-unicode-standard-version-15-0/
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Force Charlie <[email-masked]>
>> ---
> Thanks.
>
> Where are you getting the information to update these ranges from,
> among 4489 new characters?  Is there a readily accessible URL that
> is more suitable than the announcement of the whole collection?

Ah, it would probably is a good idea to say what you did to prepare
this patch in this case, like:

    Unicode 15 that was released recentry [0] includes several
    additional zero/double width characters.

    Update unicode-width.h table by cd'ing to contrib/update-unicode/
    and running update_unicode.sh script there.

    [0] https://home.unicode.org/announcing-the-unicode-standard-version-15-0/

or something, I guess.

Thanks.