Subject: Re: the state of diff_free() and release_revisions()

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 10:23:25 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> AFAICT the current status in this area is that with 2cc712324d5 (Merge
> branch 'rs/fast-export-pathspec-fix', 2022-05-04) and 5048b20d1c2 (Merge
> branch 'rs/format-patch-pathspec-fix', 2022-05-04) merged the known bugs
> related to this have been fixed, along with 3da993f2e63 (Merge branch
> 'jc/diff-tree-stdin-fix', 2022-04-28).

There is another possible known breakage around "diff -I --cc"
reported, no?

https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

> Not coincidentally around the same time my ab/plug-leak-in-revisions got
> un-marked for "next" from [1] to [2], and I'm looking for a path forward
> for this whole thing...

I think this was not because it had known bugs but only because we
wanted to avoid distractions and too much churns in the tree.

I think it is a good time to reactivate it; Phillip Wood took a
serious look at the latest round, if I am reading [*] correctly.

* https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Thanks.