Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation/RelNotes: fix a typo in 2.36's relnotes

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 14:13:31 -0700

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

> Signed-off-by: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
> ---
> Noticed while reading the RelNotes for GitHub's release highlights blog
> post.

Thanks as always for highlighting more interesting bits from the
flat-and-bland-list-of-changes which is what I prepare as the
release notes.

> - * A not-so-common mistake is to write a script to feed "git bisect
> + * A not-so-uncommon mistake is to write a script to feed "git bisect
>     run" without making it executable, in which case all tests will

I actually meant that this is "not a common mistake that deserves our
bandwidth but because a change was already made to help such a case,
why not take it".

We can probably rewrite _without_ mentioning our expectation of how
common it would be.

    A user can forget to make a script file executable before giving
    it to "git bisect run".  In such a case, all tests will exit ...