Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/8] midx: prevent bitmap corruption when permuting pack order

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 14:55:40 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Not so fast.  Let me double check.  My attempt to apply on the tip
> of 'master' (as of yesterday) did not work and because the only
> topic in 'seen' that touched midx.c was that other topic, I tried to
> merge it with 'master' before applying the patches on top and it
> worked.  If the other topic has no relation to this topic, it would
> work as well (but then it does not explain why patches from the list
> did not apply for me).

Interesting.  The posted patches do apply cleanly to the tip of
'master' as of the first batch abe6bb39 (The first batch to start
the current cycle, 2021-11-29), but since then a few topics have
touched Documentation/technical/multi-pack-index.txt and made the
patch application fail to the tip of 'master' as of the second batch
e773545c (The second batch, 2021-12-10).

Even more interestingly, after merging the topic tb/cruft-packs,
which does not even touch the multi-pack-index.txt file, the patches
seemed to apply OK with "-3".  Perhaps I should have tried "am -3"
when I applied them to the 'master' with the second batch of topics.
I dunno.

Thanks for sanity checking.