Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/8] submodule--helper: get remote names from any repository

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 14:28:10 -0700

Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]> writes:

> +static char *get_default_remote_submodule(const char *module_path)
> +{
> +	const char *refname;
> +	const struct submodule *sub;
> +	struct repository subrepo;
> +
> +	refname = refs_resolve_ref_unsafe(get_submodule_ref_store(module_path),
> +					  "HEAD", 0, NULL, NULL);
> +	sub = submodule_from_path(the_repository, null_oid(), module_path);
> +	repo_submodule_init(&subrepo, the_repository, sub);
> +	return repo_get_default_remote(&subrepo, refname);
> +}

This call (and I think there is another call in this file) to
repo_submodule_init() is affected by what Jonathan's 8eb8dcf9
(repository: support unabsorbed in repo_submodule_init, 2021-09-09)
wants to do, namely to lose "struct submodule sub" as a parameter
and instead take the path to the module and the treeish name as
parameters to repo_submodule_init().

I _think_ I resolved the conflict correctly, but please double check
the result when it is pushed out later today, both of you.

Thanks.