Subject: Re: js/init-defaultbranch-advice, was Re: What's cooking in git.git (Dec 2020, #02; Mon, 14)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 12:59:39 -0800

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, 14 Dec 2020, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> * js/init-defaultbranch-advice (2020-12-13) 4 commits
>>  - init: provide useful advice about init.defaultBranch
>>  - get_default_branch_name(): prepare for showing some advice
>>  - branch -m: allow renaming a yet-unborn branch
>>  - init: document `init.defaultBranch` better
>>
>>  Our users are going to be trained to prepare for future change of
>>  init.defaultBranch configuration variable.
>
> Do I understand correctly that you won't consider this for v2.30.0?

It is not even in 'next' yet, so it is too early to decide if we'd
keep it in 'next' until the final, or we'd like it so much that we'd
merge it to 'next' and then down to 'master' before -rc's.

So, no, you do not understand correctly.

I have the latest from you, I think, and I do not recall seeing
anything fishy in it myself, so I am leaning toward merging it at
least to 'next', but I do not know right at this moment how strongly
others support its inclusion in the upcoming release.

Thanks for pinging.