Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/5] Kill manual ref parsing code in worktree.c

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 19:02:22 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> v4 adds a new patch, 2/5, which makes the hashmap related functions in
>> refs.c generic, so I could add a new map for worktree ref stores and
>> not abuse submodule hashmap.
>>
>> I mentioned about moving these hashmap back to submodule.c and
>> worktree.c where it can map more than just ref stores (in worktree
>> case, we can cache 'struct worktree', for example). But I'm not doing
>> it now to keep things small.
>>
>> The commit message in 1/5 is rephrased a bit, hopefully clearer.
>
> Michael, does this look good to replace what has been queued?
>
> I did not spot any discussion on this topic after v4 when I skimmed
> the backlog messages, so I am hoping that I can pick this up without
> having to worry about seeing another reroll immediately after that
> (in which case I'd have been better off if I tended other topics in
> flight in the meantime).
>
> Thanks, both.

Oops, I shouldn't have done that.  When applied on top of the
files-backend thing (or have you updated that one and is my tree
lacking it???), this breaks quite a few tests.

t0001#41 dumps core from "git worktree add ../linked-worktree" for
example.