Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 18/22] tests: use test_i18n* functions to suppress false positives

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 10:08:03 -0700

Vasco Almeida <[email-masked]> writes:

> diff --git a/t/t1307-config-blob.sh b/t/t1307-config-blob.sh
> index 3c6791e..4079fef 100755
> --- a/t/t1307-config-blob.sh
> +++ b/t/t1307-config-blob.sh
> @@ -64,7 +64,7 @@ test_expect_success 'parse errors in blobs are properly attributed' '
>  
>  	# just grep for our token as the exact error message is likely to
>  	# change or be internationalized
> -	grep "HEAD:config" err
> +	test_i18ngrep "HEAD:config" err
>  '

It is unfortunate that the gettext-poison mechanism is too dumb to
notice that it is clobbering a format string with placeholders and
leave them intact, which is what the comment above this change is
wishing for.  I do not think we will be granting that wish any time
soon, so perhaps remove the two lines while we are at it?