Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] Documentation: fix linkgit references

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 08:41:37 -0700

Lars Schneider <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 02 May 2016, at 22:34, Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 10:20:04PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
>> 
>>> From: Lars Schneider <[email-masked]>
>>> 
>>> Signed-off-by: Lars Schneider <[email-masked]>
>>> ---
>> 
>> Fix how? Your commit message doesn't say why this is a good idea. Since
>> this is v3, I'm guessing that reasoning is on the list, but it needs to
>> be summarized here in the commit message.
> You are right, I should have explained my thinking a bit more detailed. 
> A few of the fixed linkgit references are just typos, e.g.:
>
> -linkgit:gitconfig[5]
> +linkgit:git-config[5]

I didn't run "git blame" yet, so it might be that we used to have it
in section 5, but "git config --help" puts the latter in section 1.

Even though you obviously were fooled by AsciiDoctor regarding
literal double dash {litdd}, other parts of the changes did look
good typofixes.  Thanks for starting this.