Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/4] apply.c: typofix

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:42:21 -0800

Stefan Beller <[email-masked]> writes:

>> -        * it might with whitespace fuzz. We haven't been asked to
>> +        * it might with whitespace fuzz. We weren't asked to
>
> (not a native speaker):
> A quick websearch reveals "We haven't been asked to ..."
> is quite commonly used in the web. So it's more of a grammar fix or a
> rewording of a comment instead of a typofix(which I assume are miss
> spellings)

Correct; it is not grammo or typo fix, but is a rephrasing to match
the tense with what follows (i.e. we weren't asked to ignore; we
were asked to fix).

>
>>          * ignore whitespace, we were asked to correct whitespace
>>          * errors, so let's try matching after whitespace correction.
>>          *
>> --
>> 2.3.0-rc1-116-g84c5016
>>
>> --
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
>> the body of a message to [email-masked]
>> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html