Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2014, #03; Wed, 20)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:08:41 -0700

Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 04:17:33PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> * hv/submodule-config (2014-06-30) 4 commits
>>   (merged to 'next' on 2014-07-17 at 5e0ce45)
>>  + do not die on error of parsing fetchrecursesubmodules option
>>  + use new config API for worktree configurations of submodules
>>  + extract functions for submodule config set and lookup
>>  + implement submodule config cache for lookup of submodule names
>> 
>>  Will cook in 'next'.
>
> While using the config API for implementing my recursive fetch. I
> discovered a bug in my API here. In submodule_from_name() the lookup of
> the gitmodule sha1 is missing. So currently you would have to pass in
> the gitmodule sha1 instead of the commit sha1 as documented. I will
> extend the test and fix this.

OK, I do not mind temporarily kicking this back to 'pu', so that you
can replace these wholesale instead of doing an incremental patch on
top, when we rewind 'next' in a few days.

Thanks.