Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] merge-recursive.c: Fix case-changing merge.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 11:01:04 -0700

[email-masked] writes:

> +if ! test_have_prereq CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS
> +then
> +	skip_all='skipping case insensitive tests - case sensitive file system'
> +	test_done
> +fi
> +
> +test_expect_success 'merge with case-changing rename' '
> +	test $(git config core.ignorecase) = true &&

This check seems a bit strange.  You already know you are on a case
insensitive filesystem, so I would understand that if you assume it
is set, or if you make sure it is set (if you are really paranoid).

But I'll let it pass, as it is not wrong per-se.  Just looked strange.

> +	> TestCase &&

Please have no SP between redirection operator and its target.

> +	test -e testcase

Please make it a habit to use "test -f" when you expect "the path
exists as a file", not merely "something exists there I do not care
if it is a file or a directory", for which "test -e" is perfectly
appropriate.

I'll fix up locally before queuing; no need to resend.

Thanks.