Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v1.8.4.4

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:06:48 -0800

The latest maintenance release Git v1.8.4.4 is now available at
the usual places.

The release tarballs are found at:

    http://code.google.com/p/git-core/downloads/list

and their SHA-1 checksums are:

1aaa1a51b599f19125e06fa6e839c9ff2e5ac941  git-1.8.4.4.tar.gz
c2ee47c2bbf8ede70eef2a1ba936a30aa0d78b2a  git-htmldocs-1.8.4.4.tar.gz
4637e22fd2fe59cf00b4a105f5104af9bfea8c2c  git-manpages-1.8.4.4.tar.gz

The following public repositories all have a copy of the v1.8.4.4
tag and the maint branch that the tag points at:

  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
  url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
  url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

Also, http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/ has copies of the
release tarballs.

Git v1.8.4.4 Release Notes
========================

Fixes since v1.8.4.3
--------------------

 * The fix in v1.8.4.3 to the pack transfer protocol to propagate
   the target of symbolic refs broke "git clone/git fetch" from a
   repository with too many symbolic refs. As a hotfix/workaround,
   we transfer only the information on HEAD.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v1.8.4.3 are as follows:

Junio C Hamano (2):
      Revert "upload-pack: send non-HEAD symbolic refs"
      Git 1.8.4.4