Subject: Re: Remote's 'currently active branch' not HEAD?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 08:33:39 -0700

Andreas Krey <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 15:02:50 +0000, Michael Schubert wrote:
> ...
>> > happen to have the HEAD *commit* as their tip.
>> 
>> Yes, it picks the first of those:
>> 
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/168144
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> And pity, the patches didn't make it that time either...

And the key article in that discussion by Peff points to
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/102039 with
"I had some complaints at the time, but re-reading it I don't see
anything that would prevent us from revisiting the topic now."
Reading the patch series from 2008 again, I do agree with J6t's
comment that it should be just a regular capability, i.e. like what
Peff suggests in his comment on [PATCH 5/6 (v2)], but other than
that, I do not see anything that would prevent us from revisiting
the topic now, either.