Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/4] Batch prefetching

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2026 21:44:31 +0900

Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 5/14/2026 12:25 PM, Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget wrote:
>> Changes since v2:
>> 
>>  * Modified the final patch as suggested by Stolee to include pathspec usage
>>    in the testcase
>>  * Modified the last two patches to not re-download blobs we already have
>>    locally, and adjusted the tests to verify
>>  * Inserted a new first patch, containing a documentation addition that
>>    would have helped me avoid making the above mistake in the first place.
>
> Thank you for these changes. I reviewed the updates and documentation and
> think this version is good to go. 
>> Note: Stolee also suggest some code sharing or code movement in his review
>> of v2 2/3, but possibly based on a misunderstanding of v2 2/3 (that patch
>> isn't about a diff) and it's not clear to me what could be shared or moved,
>> so that's not part of this round.
>
> Your detailed responses in the v2 thread helped me understand that my thought
> was misguided. Thanks for giving me extra confidence in your approach here.

Thanks, both.  I do agree that the series is in a good shape.  Let
me mark the topic for 'next'.