Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] name-rev: wrap both blocks in braces

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 17:22:04 -0700

[email-masked] writes:

> -		else if (++counter == hexsz &&
> -			 !ishex(*(p+1))) {
> +		} else if (++counter == hexsz &&
> +			   !ishex(*(p + 1))) {
>  			struct object_id oid;
>  			const char *name = NULL;
>  			char c = *(p+1);

You are correcting "p+1" to "p + 1" to honor our coding style in a
few lines above "while at it", but there are three others in the
same block (we can see one of them in the post-context), which means
these are now inconsistent.  Fixing all of them would make it a far
larger change than qualifies as a "while at it" change.  Either make
it another step that is an unrelated clean up, or leave it as-is.

The primary thrust of this patch does make sense and is executed
well.

Thanks.