Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/14] odb: introduce `odb_for_each_object()`

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2026 08:49:58 -0800

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2026 at 05:50:11AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > The patch series is built on top of 8745eae506 (The 17th batch,
>> > 2026-01-11) with the following two series merged into it:
>> >
>> >   - ps/read-object-info-improvements at b7f649ca93 (Merge
>> >     remote-tracking branch 'junio/ps/read-object-info-improvements' into
>> >     HEAD, 2026-01-15).
>> >
>> >   - ps/packfile-store-in-odb-source at 1ff0e42d33 (Merge remote-tracking
>> >     branch 'junio/ps/packfile-store-in-odb-source' into HEAD,
>> >     2026-01-15).
>> 
>> These two commit objects you cite have never been at the tip of
>> these branches in my tree; I'll go by the branch name for now ;-)
>
> Ugh, yeah. I referenced the merge commits in my tree, which is of course
> dumb. Will fix the cover letter to point to what you have now.

I am seeing good things in the series, without much nits to pick.
Maybe there is no need for another round, in which case there is no
need for fixed cover letter, either ;-).