Subject: Re: [PATCH] cat-file: fix mailmap application for different author and committer

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2025 16:49:23 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2025 at 8:27 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Reported-by: Vasilii Iakliushin <[email-masked]>
>> Reviewed-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
>
> Nit: I reviewed it when you suggested it on a GitLab MR (Merge
> Request), but I am not sure it counts unless I also review it here. I
> think the "Reviewed-by: ..." trailer is for patches reviewed on the
> regular Git mailing list (or maybe on the private Git security list).
> So maybe "Helped-by: ..." would have been better in this case.

If somebody (including me) sees your reviewed-by on a patch and do
not remember they saw your review here, they might ask, but as long
as you are OK to have your name on the reviewed-by trailer, meaning
you have carefully inspected exactly the same version of the patch
and are willing to stand behind the change, it is perfectly fine.

On the other hand, if you see somebody attach your reviewed-by to a
patch that you didn't review, or is substantially different from the
one you reviewed, please raise a stink about it.  I do not think
this case is such a case.

> Anyway I have now reviewed it again and I found it great.
>
> Thanks for working on this!
>
>> Signed-off-by: Siddharth Asthana <[email-masked]>
>> ---

Thanks.