Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/5] Introduce a "promisor-remote" capability

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 08:01:06 +0900

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> I noticed that fcb2205b77 (midx: implement support for writing
> incremental MIDX chains, 2024-08-06)
> which introduced GIT_TEST_MULTI_PACK_INDEX_WRITE_INCREMENTAL adds lines like:
>
> GIT_TEST_MULTI_PACK_INDEX=0
> GIT_TEST_MULTI_PACK_INDEX_WRITE_INCREMENTAL=0
>
> at the top of a number of repack related test scripts like
> t7700-repack.sh, so I guess that it should be OK to add the same lines
> at the top of the t5710 test script added by this series. This should
> fix the CI failures.
>
> I have made this change in my current version.

Thanks.

Is it because the feature is fundamentally incompatible with the
multi-pack index (or its incremental writing), or is it merely
because the way the feature is verified assumes that the multi-pack
index is not used, even though the protocol exchange, capability
selection, and the actual behaviour adjustment for the capability
are all working just fine?  I am assuming it is the latter, but just
to make sure we know where we stand...

Thanks, again.