Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] refs: add referent parameter to refs_resolve_ref_unsafe

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 15:44:35 -0700

John Cai <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 6 Jun 2024, at 14:21, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> ADMINISTRIVIA.  Check the address you place on the CC: line.  What
>> we can see for this message at
>> ...
>> I fixed them manually, but it wasn't pleasant.  I think we saw a
>> similar breakage earlier coming via GGG, but I do not recall the
>> details of how to cause such breakages (iow, what to avoid repeating
>> this).
>
> oof, apologies. Didn't notice that. I'll be more mindful about the cc line.

I found the previous occurrences of the same problem:

  https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
  https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

The last message in the thread

  https://lore.kernel.org/git/CAMbn=[email-masked]/

says that the original user of GGG found what was wrong in the way
the user was using GGG to send and fixed it, but unfortunately we
didn't hear exactly *what* the breakage was and *how* it was fixed.

Aryan, do you remember what the problem was and more importantly
what the fix was?

Thanks.