Subject: Re: [PATCH 21/30] repository: Implement extensions.compatObjectFormat

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:48:59 -0700

"Eric W. Biederman" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Did you have any manual merge conflicts you had to resolve?
> If so it is possible to see the merge result you had?

The only merge-fix I had to apply to make everything compile was
this:

diff --git a/bloom.c b/bloom.c
index ff131893cd..59eb0a0481 100644
--- a/bloom.c
+++ b/bloom.c
@@ -278,7 +278,7 @@ static int has_entries_with_high_bit(struct repository *r, struct tree *t)
 		struct tree_desc desc;
 		struct name_entry entry;
 
-		init_tree_desc(&desc, t->buffer, t->size);
+		init_tree_desc(&desc, &t->object.oid, t->buffer, t->size);
 		while (tree_entry(&desc, &entry)) {
 			size_t i;
 			for (i = 0; i < entry.pathlen; i++) {

as one topic changed the function signature while the other topic
added a new callsite.

Everything else was pretty-much auto resolved, I think.

Output from "git show --cc seen" matches my recollection.  The above
does appear as an evil merge.