Subject: Re: [PATCH] status: fix branch shown when not only bisecting

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 16:45:56 -0700

Rubén Justo <[email-masked]> writes:

> In 83c750acde (wt-status.*: better advice for git status added,
> 2012-06-05), git-status received new informative messages to describe
> the ongoing work in a worktree.
>
> Multiple operations can be performed concurrently in a worktree.  For
> example, during a rebase, the user can also perform a cherry-pick.

Hmph ...

> In
> that situation, git-status only shows information about one of them,
> prioritizing which one, in order: merge, am, rebase, cherry-pick.

... I have to wonder if it is a bug that "cherry-pick" proceeds when
there is an ongoing "rebase" going on, though.  When a sequencer is
driving a cherry-pick of master..topic1 and the user gets control
back in the middle, perhaps due to a conflict, should the user be
allowed to do "cherry-pick master..topic2", splicing these commits
from the other topic in the middle of the first cherry-pick session
the user started?